Sunday 17 November 2013

A letter to Sachin Tendulkar…

"Dear Sachin,

I was not even born when you made your debut in the world of international cricket. But, after birth and when I began to understand the things, ‘Cricket made its debut with you in my life!’

Today, when you are bowing out, all the way today what I remember is screaming of “Sachin.. Sachin…” while watching you playing on fields, the crackers I used to put after your every success, your centuries & records and many more memories of you since my childhood days.

The entire childhood I believed that the bat on which MRF is written is the best one. So, on every bat I had that time I used to write MRF on it with red sketch pen.  The belief then was MRF is the best bat Manufacturing Company because you used it. Every time after missing your innings because of school, the first question after entering at home was ‘ Sachin ni kiti run kadhlet’? (How much run did Sachin score?)

In an era, when the game and the nation is mired in corruption, maintaining yourself clean, averting all controversies, handling media calmly and maintaining image clean with the passion & respect for profession through ups and downs, is an excellent example you have set for millions to be learned and followed which teaches everyone about ‘What is success and how to maintain it with dignity’.

The country which, even today, is divided on the grounds of caste and religion, after having you on the fields, believed and followed only one religion, Cricket! You made the religion of cricket.  That’s why you are god. You are god because your actions on the fields as well as off the fields,which made everyone to believe that you are not a child cricketing prodigy, but you are a god who respect  his passion, Cricket!

Today, when you are bowing out, I just want to thank you for inspiring me and making me to believe in dreams. You are not retiring from the sport today; you are just making space for others to play for nation and take it on the whole world. 

Thank You Sachin!"

Your Fan
Prateek Aloni

No comments:

Post a Comment